HEROW can send user events and user traits to Segment as a source. Segment can send those events and user traits to your warehouse and to hundreds of destinations.
This integration allows HEROW (as a source) to push to Segment geofence events and some useful user’s attributes to improve customer communication:
- Users’ home and work city ZIP codes
- First user location (just after installing the app)
- Geofence live events for entry and exit zones, users’ home and work locations
- User segments based on locations and behaviors like long commuters, workaholics, leaving work late, etc.
There are two prerequisites to configure the Segment integration:
- You must add the HEROW Source in Segment
- You must find the Write Key for your Segment account
HEROW is available as a source in the Segment source catalog.
To activate this integration, you need to add the HEROW Source in Segment, to know how to, read the dedicated documentation on Segment “Getting Started”.
To configure the Segment integration in HEROW, you need the Write Key from your Segment account.
To easily integrate HEROW with Segment, just follow these steps:
- Go on your HEROW dashboard > settings > integrations and click on Connect with Segment
- Tap on the button “Connect with Segment”:
- Now you need the Segment write key, go to Segment > Sources > Settings > API Keys
- Copy the Write Key as shown in the text box
- Paste the Segment’s Write Key from Segment to HEROW
- You are done! You can now select the data you want to transmit to Segment:
To learn more about this integration and see the full list of events and user traits HEROW is sending to Segment, see the source documentation hosted on Segment.
Note 1: to receive geofence live events for zones, you must activate “GLE – Geofence Live Events” option in manage zones:
Note 2: to receive geofence live events for user’s home and office locations, you must activate “live events options” in Settings > General